- What is your purpose in life?
- What legacy do you want to leave behind here on Earth
- What do you want God to say about you on that eventful day?
29th, 30th or the 31st are common days associated with the inflow of funds into our bank accounts. We look forward to these days to either increase or decrease our net worth as we seek to replace the money that we have spent ahead of time – in other words ‘credit’.
The inflow of funds is a reward for all the work that we have performed for our employers. Now for employees that have done exceptionally well, a term called “bonus” may be an additional reward for outstanding work depending on the feedback from your boss to the ‘powers that be’.
As mention earlier, pay-day could be on any of these three days, but in the future – there will be one day “only” that is associated with the pay and bonus of everyone. That day is called “judgment day” as described in Revelation 20 v 11 – 15:
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. Earth and sky fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
May the Holy Spirit guide and prepare us for that eventful day.
Points to Ponder:
- We live here on Earth for an assigned period and an assigned purpose
- God has put eternity in our hearts; so our spirits never die.
- Our spirits will change location on that eventful day; our prayers are that the location will be in God’s presence forever
©Insight for the Day 2017