- Do we monitor our conduct in terms of words, thoughts and deeds in the privacy of our homes?
- Do we extend this to life outside the home?
- Do we expose private information on the various social media outlets?
In the film Enemy of the State, Will Smith’s character tried to outrun the CIA, but to no avail. Technology provided the means to capture every word, thought and deed implemented by Mr. Smith. I have been told that providing information on the internet is an open license to others to tour our private lives.
Why are we bothered if we are doing the right thing and have nothing to hide? What we should be bothered about is not being monitored by man, but by God. His technology far outweighs any gadgets employed by the CIA, FBI or any other secret service organization.
In Psalm 139 verses 8 – 12, the Bible makes clear the omnipresent capabilities of our Mighty God;
If I ascend up into heaven, You are there; if I make my bed in Sheol (the place of the dead), behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning or dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there shall Your hand lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. Even the darkness hides nothing from You, but the night shines as the day; the darkness and the light are both alike to You.
The scope of God’s surveillance is wide and penetrates any physical barrier. In conclusion, we ought to remember that famous phrase, ‘You can run, but you can’t hide!’
Points to Ponder
- We are accountable for every word, thought and deed in our life time
- Third parties will judge us based on our thoughts, words and deeds
- God is the ultimate judge for our words, thoughts and deeds
Shalom – Love Never Fails
©Insight for the Day 2015