- Are you a member of an exclusive club?
- What is the value proposition of the club?
- What are your views of the membership rules and guidelines?
The dream of every aspiring actor and actress in Hollywood is to be named as a celebrity on the status defined ‘A’ List. A name on this list, regardless of the position guarantees the individual a six figure income and access to parties linking them up with networks of influential film moguls that will either make or break your career. Staying on this list involves having the right agent; talking to the right people; attending the right award ceremonies; attending the right parties; acting in the right movies; and finally not offending the Hollywood movie moguls.
I do not know whether I would want to be on this list with so much ‘dos’ and ‘do-nots’. I would rather be on a list that guarantees me everlasting life. This list is defined in Revelation 22 v 14 – 15:
“Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.
So the choice is ours as to what list we prefer, the ‘list of death’ or the ‘list of life’. I pray that the Holy Spirit guides us in making the right decision.
Points to Ponder
- As Christians, we belong to an exclusive set of people who believe that we were saved by Christ’s death on the Cross
- The value proposition presented is freedom from death and everlasting life
- His guidelines and rules are easy as he teaches us that his yoke is easy and the burden is light
©Insight for the Day 2016